Be part of the CIPS team through our internship program!
Take part in our work through our Internship Program!
Want to experience hands-on practices of conducting public policy analysis, creating and implementing communication and fundraising plan, as well as daily operations of a think tank?
Get an inside perspective and experience on how we do these and achieve impact as a think tank!
What is CIPS Internship Program?
- CIPS offers an internship program that covers four core areas:
- Public policy research
- Communications and outreach
- Think-tank operations
- Akademi CIPS (CIPS’ massive open online course/MOOC)
As the idea of the internship program is to gain a professional interning experience in a think tank as a whole, each intern will get to work in all of the above areas/departments.
- The program includes exclusive intern learning sessions with CIPS’ respective team members throughout the period of internship, in which all the above core areas will be covered.
- We believe that internships should be about learning and developing your individual capacity and skills that will help you along your career path. That’s why we designed the program to be about sharing knowledge and learning.
- To maintain the success of the program and to ensure participant commitment to the program, CIPS charges IDR 150,000 for the program that is payable at the beginning of the internship period.
- All logistical costs occurred during the program, such as meals, transports and accommodation will not be covered as CIPS does not provide any kind of allowance for the program.
- Interns get to earn CIPS Internship Certificate at the end of their internship period.
Who can intern at CIPS?
- Has the eagerness to demonstrate knowledge and interest in public policy research, advocacy and the think tank world
- Young proactive individuals between the ages of 18-35
- Preferably fluent in English (both speaking and writing)
- Has the ability to work in a team or independently
- Fully committed to join the program for minimum 2 months with working hours from 09:00 – 18:00*, Monday to Friday
- Looking for practical experience working in a policy think-tank and seeking answers to: How do I write a policy recommendation? What does it take to advocate for policy changes? How to reach out to stakeholders and media? How does daily think tank operations look like?
How do I apply?
The recruitment period, during which we receive applications, is the first two weeks of December, March, June and September each year.
You can submit your application through this link:
The process is as follows:
- Applications screening
- Interview sessions
- Announcement and confirmation of acceptance***
If you need further information or have questions, contact us at: internship[at]cips-indonesia.org
*Different arrangements for working hours can be made if you are a student in the final semester and need to meet lecturers for your final paper, or if you are a fresh graduate who needs to attend job interviews.
**Link will be inaccessible outside the recruitment period.
***Announcements and notification of acceptance will be done through e-mail.